Agua de Sandia: summer in a glass
The farm stand watermelons on our vacation were unbelievably delicious. While nothing is better than biting into a nice ripe slice, watermelon can also be enjoyed as a refreshing beverage, that is easy to make. Here’s how:
- Fill your blender 3/4 full with diced watermelon (without the rind, of course).
- Add water until just below the top of the watermelon.
- Blend for 1-2 minutes, longer if your watermelon has a lot of seeds.
- Turn off blender and let it sit for a few minutes to allow the seeds to sink to the bottom.
- Pour your agua de sandia into a pitcher. If you wish, you can add more water depending on the consistency you desire.
- Some recipes call for sugar, but none of our watermelons have needed this addition.
- Chill and serve.
They also make for delicious paletas, but more on that soon. Enjoy!